- The integration of OpenAI's technology into Microsoft-owned Bing has driven people to the little-used search engine and helped it compete better with market leader Google in page visits growth.
- Page visits on Bing have risen 15.8% since Microsoft Corp unveiled its artificial intelligence-powered version on Feb. 7, compared with a near 1% decline for the Alphabet Inc-owned search engine, data till March 20 showed.
Read More at reuters.com
- When Jane Manchun Wong tried to run a query on Bard asking it to write a simple function to add two numbers, it just returned nothing.
- The conversation shows how far ahead ChatGPT or Bing AI is with respect to Google's Bard.
Read More at twitter.com
- Google defended its use of "history-off chats" for many internal communications, denying the US government's allegation that it intentionally destroyed evidence needed in an antitrust case.
- The history-off setting causes messages to be automatically deleted within 24 hours.
- The US government and 21 states last month asked a court to sanction Google for allegedly using the auto-delete function on chats to destroy evidence and accused.
Read More at arstechnica.com
- Google recently pulled the Chinese-owned Pinduoduo app off of its Google Play App Store after malware was found on a Chinese version of the app.
- “Off-Play versions of this app that have been found to contain malware have been enforced on via Google Play Protect,” the Google Play spokesperson said in an emailed statement on Tuesday.
Read More at ntd.com
- Google has finally released its Bard AI to the world, albeit via a waitlist, but Google CEO Sundar Pichai is warning “things will go wrong.”
- “As more people start to use Bard and test its capabilities, they’ll surprise us. Things will go wrong,” Pichai wrote in an internal email to employees. “But the user feedback is critical to improving the product and the underlying technology.”
Read More at webpronews.com