- Tekashi 6ix9ine was hospitalized after being ambushed by a group of attackers in the bathroom of a gym in South Florida on Tuesday, Variety has confirmed.
- The 26-year-old rapper, whose real name is Daniel Hernandez, sustained injuries to his face and bruises, according to his attorney, Lance Lazzaro.
Read More at variety.com
- The music app Spotify was forced to remove the entire catalog of Bollywood songs from Zee Music Company after negotiations for a renewal of their licensing agreement failed to go through last week.
- Users and fans of Bollywood music have been taking to social media to voice their displeasure over the move.
- Some have even threatened to cancel their subscription with the app.
- Bad Bunny's ex-girlfriend is taking the artist to court over a recording of her voice, which he's used in past songs, according to multiple reports.
- Bad Bunny's ex, Carliz De La Cruz Hernández, filed a $40 million lawsuit in a Puerto Rico court earlier this month, claiming that the bestselling singer used a recording of her voice, saying "Bad Bunny, baby," in at least two songs without permission.
Read More at etonline.com
- Duolingo currently has a small team working on a music product and is hiring a learning scientist who is an “expert in music education who combines both theoretical knowledge of relevant learning science research and hands-on teaching experience,” according to a job posting listed on Duolingo’s career page.
- The company also posted a job that was soliciting a freelance music composition and curricular consultant, but the company is no longer accepting applications for that position.
Read More at techcrunch.com
- Selena Gomez took to Instagram to hail the spirit of five young Iranian women, who went viral earlier this month while dancing without headscarves to the song ‘Calm Down’ sung by Nigerian Afrobeats singer and rapper Rema.
- Gomez shared a reel of the viral video posted on the Meta-owned social media platform, calling the group of girls inspiring for defying the Islamic Republic, where a massive protest over dress code for women broke out last year.