- The “world’s first ever pizza-scented controller” is part of a marketing effort for the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem movie.
- Microsoft has designed custom TMNT Xbox controllers that have a scent diffuser strapped to the back in the shape of a slice of pizza.
- There are four variations in total, and thankfully, they’re just part of a sweepstakes giveaway, so we won’t be seeing or sniffing these controllers everywhere.
Read More at theverge.com
- Microsoft and Activision Blizzard on Wednesday agreed to extend the deadline for their merger agreement until Oct. 18, Activision said in a statement on Wednesday.
- The two companies had originally agreed to complete the transaction by July 18, but regulatory pushback from the U.S. and the U.K. delayed the takeover.
- Sony signed a binding 10-year deal with Microsoft to keep the best-selling Call of Duty series available on PlayStation.
- The deal ameliorates some concerns that Microsoft would use its power in the gaming market to cement dominance after the close of its Activision Blizzard acquisition.
- Sony executives held concerns as recently as last month that the deal would have anti-competitive effects.
- An appeals court denied a motion for injunctive relief from the Federal Trade Commission, which has opposed Microsoft’s acquisition of game publisher Activision Blizzard.
- Microsoft is still working with regulators in the United Kingdom to resolve issues.
- The companies want to close their deal by July 18.
- Google has finally launched its Play Games beta for PC project, which lets users play Android games on their Windows systems, in India after introducing it in more than 50 countries.
- The program is also being expanded to 60 other countries — including Argentina and South Africa, bringing the total availability to over 120 countries.
Read More at techcrunch.com