- According to directors Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic, Illumination has worked closely with Nintendo to make sure the film feels right.
- The directors also say that Illumination has improved its lighting and rendering technology to help push Super Mario Bros. Movie to the next level "beyond anything Illumination has ever done."
- The Super Mario Bros. Movie releases on April 5, 2023.
Read More at engadget.com
- Splatoon 3's Fresh Season is set to begin next week, and Nintendo has slowly been pulling back the curtain on new content players can expect to see.
- Today, the game's official Twitter account released a new video centered around Um'ami Ruins, a new map that's meant to be a "prehistoric Turf War battle site."
Read More at comicbook.com
- Microsoft President Brad Smith announced that the company finally made a signed agreement with Nintendo sealing a 10-year licensing deal for Call of Duty once the $69 billion Activision clears.
- “We’ve now signed a binding 10-year contract to bring Xbox games to Nintendo’s gamers,” Smiths shared. “This is just part of our commitment to bring Xbox games and Activision titles like Call of Duty to more players on more platforms.”
Read More at mspoweruser.com
- Currently, Valve Steam Deck tops out at just 512GB of built-in storage for its most expensive model.
- Now, Framework, the company best known for its upgradable Windows 11 notebooks, is now selling some Western Digital SSD drives that can be installed in the Steam Deck.
- Framework's 2TB SSDs are priced at $299 and are currently available in US and Canada.
Read More at neowin.net
- Bayonetta 3 is the latest Switch exclusive to join the 1 million club. In Nintendo's latest financial report, the company reports that the long-awaited sequel from PlatinumGames just squeaked over the line with 1.04 million units sold.
- The Switch version of Bayonetta 2 managed to hit 1.04 million units by December 2021, while it struggled to even reach 400k on the Wii U. The first Bayonetta has seen multiple releases, first launching on the PS3 and Xbox 360, and managed 2 million copies between those systems.
Read More at nintendolife.com