- China's Xiaomi will focus on boosting its India sales from retail outlets after years of big bets on e-commerce, its India president said, as the company seeks to revive smartphone sales after falling behind South Korea's Samsung.
- E-commerce sales in India via Amazon and Walmart's Flipkart have surged in recent years, helping Xiaomi and others expand in one of the world's fastest-growing markets, with 600 million smartphone users.
Read More at reuters.com
- REDMAGIC has announced on Weibo that the upcoming REDMAGIC 8S Pro will be equipped with up to 24GB of RAM.
- It’s unclear if this is indeed 24GB of RAM or if the company is using virtual RAM to get to this figure.
- We’ll nevertheless find out on July 5 when the phone gets announced in China.
Read More at androidauthority.com
- A Reddit thread from last week has picked up hundreds of comments from Google Pixel owners, many of whom have noticed that the June 2023 update is causing faster-than-normal battery drain on their devices.
- Some of those affected report seeing their battery needing a charge by the afternoon and requiring a charge multiple times per day.
- Google’s Pixel phones have never had tremendously good battery life, but this is certainly not how things should be going.
- Emergency SOS feature allows Android phones, specifically Pixels, to start a call to your local emergency services with five consecutive taps of the power button.
- In Scotland, the BBC reports, Emergency SOS is being blamed for an influx of false alarm calls to 999.
- The silent calls apparently take up to 20 minutes for an operator to deal with, as they urge callers to confirm the call was a mistake.
- The first press render of the Galaxy Z Flip 5 showcases a giant cover display that has a notch towards its end to make space for its dual-camera setup.
- The image also shows a giant music player widget with spaced-out buttons for music playback control.
- The Galaxy Z Flip 5 is expected to feature the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 For Galaxy processor, 8GB RAM, and up to 256GB internal storage.
Read More at sammobile.com