- Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in a Threads post on Friday that search and web features will be “coming in the next few weeks.”
- “The community here is on the trajectory I expect to build a vibrant long term app,” he wrote.
- Advertisers and creators have told CNBC that Threads needs additional features to become an important service.
- TikTok users can now post 1,000-character text-based updates in addition to videos and series of photos.
- Text posts appear similar to Instagram Stories visually: users can add a background color, edit how text appears, and add music and stickers to the post.
- Other users can also engage with the post similar to how they interact with video — by stitching, dueting, and commenting.
Read More at theverge.com
- Creators and influencers are exploring whether the new Threads app can bolster their online presence and help them reach bigger audiences.
- Threads currently lacks several key features that creators say could help them go beyond their existing Instagram following.
- “It’s going to be interesting to see if people can go from the initial boost they had in the first few days to a continuous growth in the next few months,” said Caspar Lee, whose YouTube channel has more than 6.6 million subscribers.
- Cameron Roth, a software engineer for Instagram, shared a Threads post Tuesday, announcing several new Threads features as part of an iOS update.
- The company introduced a follows tab that will presumably make it easier for users to see who is following them.
- Users will also be able to access a translate button to read text in other languages.
- After multiple EU-based users complained about not being able to access Instagram’s Threads app through VPN, Meta confirmed that it is blocking such efforts.
- The company launched Threads last week, but given privacy concerns around the app, it is not available in the EU.
- The company said in a statement that it has applied further measures to stop users from accessing the new social app.
Read More at techcrunch.com