- WhatsApp chief Will Cathcart says the messaging app will depart the UK if it’s forced to weaken its encryption standards under the country’s upcoming Online Safety Bill.
- Cathcart on Thursday criticized the legislation as the most concerning set of online regulations in the Western world.
- WhatsApp’s warning follows similar threats from another encrypted messaging app, Signal, who said last month that the company “would absolutely 100 percent walk [away from the UK]”
Read More at theverge.com
- Following a dialogue with EU consumer protection authorities and the European Commission (CPC network), WhatsApp committed to being more transparent on changes to its terms of service.
- Moreover, the company will make it easier for users to reject updates when they disagree with them, and will clearly explain when such rejection leads the user to no longer be able to use WhatsApp's services.
Read More at europa.eu
- WhatsApp's ‘Communities’ feature opened doors for spam calls or calls from unknown numbers.
- This is a very frustrating thing to deal with, as you receive calls from people you barely know.
- Now, WhatsApp will soon allow its users to mute calls from unknown numbers on WhatsApp.
- The app will let you silence calls from unknown numbers but will continue to show them in your call list and the notification center.
- Samsung has quickly rolled out the One UI 5.1 update to its smartphones and tablets.
- The update has already started reaching mid-range smartphones and tablets.
- While there haven’t been major reports about bugs, there appears to be a problem in sending WhatsApp messages through a voice command.
- WABetaInfo has discovered references to the useful feature in beta 220.127.116.11 for iOS.
- It is unclear whether the feature will be called "Newsletter", it could very well be a codename for the feature as well, so do keep that in mind.
- The feature will be used for broadcasting information. You will be able to receive useful updates from groups, local officials, sports teams, or other organizations.
Read More at phonearena.com