- It looks like YouTube’s 1080p Premium video quality is finally rolling out to Android devices for paying subscribers, after a brief period of iOS exclusivity.
- Some Android phone and Google TV users who pay for YouTube Premium are now reporting that they can see the 1080p Premium video option.
- Right now the feature doesn’t appear to be widespread, and reportedly the users don’t see the option all the time.
Read More at techradar.com
- YouTube will stop removing false claims of widespread election fraud in the 2020 presidential race, the video platform announced Friday.
- The decision comes ahead of the 2024 midterm races.
- The new rule will go into effect Friday, June 2.
Read More at cnbc.com
- YouTube has confirmed this week that its version of Stories will not be available after June 26 which is exactly one month from now.
- Stories were largely limited to creators on YouTube who could share a teaser of their upcoming video with their subscribers or share behind-the-scenes posts.
- These Stories were available for a limited time after which they vanished, similar to Instagram and Snapchat.
Read More at news18.com
- Right-wing YouTuber Steven Crowder is – once again – just a single strike away from permanently losing his channel and it's more than 5.6 million subscribers.
- "We issued a strike to the StevenCrowder and CrowderBits channels for violating our Terms of Service, which prohibit content created or hosted by creators who have been terminated," a YouTube spokesperson said in a statement.
Read More at mashable.com
- Google has clarified it has no plans of deleting accounts with YouTube videos at this time.
- That means if you are a creator and use your Google account just for uploading YouTube videos and nothing else, you are in the clear.
Read More at androidauthority.com