- Hackers drained millions of dollars in digital coins from cryptocurrency ATMs by exploiting a zero-day vulnerability, leaving customers on the hook for losses that can’t be reversed, the kiosk manufacturer has revealed.
- The heist targeted ATMs sold by General Bytes, a company with multiple locations throughout the world.
- These BATMs, short for bitcoin ATMs, can be set up in convenience stores and other businesses to allow people to exchange bitcoin for other currencies and vice versa.
Read More at arstechnica.com
- Bitcoin climbed past the $28,000 level over the weekend as investors rediscover its appeal as an alternative banking system.
- On Monday, the cryptocurrency had pulled back a bit. Bitcoin fell more than 2% to $27,705.23, according to Coin Metrics.
- Earlier in the day, it hit $28,554.07, it’s highest level in nine months. Meanwhile, ether fell 3.5% to $1,765.60.
Read More at cnbc.com
- According to a new report from CoinGecko, February 2023 witnessed a 126% increase from the previous month’s volume of $250 million.
- As for a reason for the jump, the report points to a correlation with the overall recovery of NFT marketplace trading volume, which hit $1.89 billion in February.
- The six marketplaces included in the report were Magic Eden, OpenSea, Blur, X2Y2, CryptoPunks and LooksRare.
- Microsoft is reportedly working on integrating a crypto and nonfungible token (NFT) friendly Web3 wallet into its Edge web browser.
- In a Twitter thread, Albacore shared a series of supposed Edge user interface (UI) screenshots showing the early stages of the firm’s new Web3 wallet.
- “Newest in the gauntlet of questionable upcoming Microsoft Edge features, a crypto wallet not really sure how to feel about this kind of thing being baked into the default browser,” Albacore noted.
- According to a Bloomberg report, the US crypto giant is already in conversation with international clients, investment firms and market makers about those plans.
- However, the nature of Coinbase’s overseas operations, or where it would be located, remains unclear. But the exchange already has an active presence in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
Read More at financefeeds.com