- Raja Koduri, the chief driver behind Intel’s discrete GPU efforts, is leaving the semiconductor giant after spending more than five years leading the buildout of its graphics capabilities and other technologies.
- The news was disclosed on Twitter by Koduri and Intel Pat Gelsinger, who also shared the announcement with employees in an internal memo.
Read More at crn.com
- After nearly 25 years of operation, DPReview will be closing in the near future.
- The site will be locked, with no further updates made after April 10th 2023.
- The site will be available in read-only mode for a limited period afterwards.
Read More at dpreview.com
- After almost 17 years online, file-hosting veteran Zippyshare will shut down at the end of the month.
- Founded in 2006, Zippyshare was known for its free, no-nonsense, no-frills approach to storing files online.
- Having changed very little over the years, Zippyshare's operators say the platform is now a dinosaur that costs too much to run in a world where ad-blocking is widespread.
Read More at torrentfreak.com
- Timothy Burlee from Secure Data Recovery tested 2,007 broken HDDs from six manufacturers--Western Digital, Seagate, Hitachi, Toshiba, Samsung, and Maxtor.
- Toshiba came out on top with an average lifespan of 34,799 hours and Hitachi finished dead last.
- Western Digital and Seagate HDDs clocked in around the mid-20,000-hour ranges, while Samsung scored at just over 19,000 hours, barely better than Hitachi.
Read More at techspot.com
A group of investors who did business with defunct cryptocurrency exchange FTX brought a class action lawsuit against multiple internet influencers Wednesday, alleging the content creators pushed unregistered securities on their viewers and followers while promoting the collapsed exchange.
The lawsuit seeks over $1 billion in damages and was brought against content creators that reached millions online, including BitBoy Crypto creator Ben Armstrong and finance YouTube creator Graham Stephan, among seven other individuals and the talent management firm Creators Agency.
Read More at decrypt.co