- Bing’s AI chatbot is rolling out on Google Chrome and Safari. Microsoft is testing letting users on both browsers access the tool.
- “We are flighting access to Bing Chat in Safari and Chrome to select users as part of our testing on other browsers,” Caitlin Roulston, Microsoft’s director of communications, says in a statement to The Verge.
- “We are excited to expand access to even more users once our standard testing procedures are complete.”
Read More at theverge.com
- Following Apple's first public beta of macOS Sonoma, Mac users will be able to use Apple’s password manager in third-party web browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Arc.
- You may not be aware that macOS has a built-in password manager that can securely store all your passwords.
- You can access it from the system settings and view your stored passwords using your fingerprint or your computer password.
Read More at techcrunch.com
- Apple’s Mac market share increased to 8.6%, reporting year-over-year shipment growth of 10.3%, the only major manufacturer to do so.
- The year-over-year Mac shipment growth comes even as the broader market and competitors notch sharp declines in shipments, and as the Intel transition wraps up.
- Lenovo, HQ, Dell and Acer all had year-over-year drops in shipments, according to IDC data.
Read More at cnbc.com
- A newly approved patent relates to Face ID and email access on Mac devices, and could be the beginning of a rollout for this super convenient and secure authentication method across future Apple laptops.
- The face verification technology patent actually goes all the way back to 2008, which shows how long Apple has been planning the move.
Read More at techradar.com
- Geekbench 6 benchmark results have confirmed Apple's claims of up to 20% faster performance compared to its predecessor, the M1 Ultra chip, and have established the M2 Ultra as Apple's fastest chip ever released.
- The initial results showcase the Mac Studio, equipped with the M2 Ultra chip, delivering impressive single-core and multi-core scores of approximately 2,800 and 21,700, respectively.
Read More at neowin.net