- Ford will begin reporting its financial results by business unit, instead of by region, and will release revised results that will show how the new business units would have performed in 2021 and 2022.
- The changes amount to the most detailed look yet by any legacy automaker into the finances behind the EV business.
- Wall Street is taking a wait-and-see approach to the changes, but is expecting significant EV unit losses.
Read More at cnbc.com
- The partnership between Ford and VW is about to bear fruit in Europe in the shape of a new Explorer EV.
- Despite being built on VW's MEB chassis, Ford claims this new Explorer will be "steeped in Ford’s American roots."
- At 176 inches long, the Euro Explorer will be a bit of a 'tweener and slot between the Volkswagen ID.3 and ID.4. It will also be the smallest EV Ford makes.
Read More at thedrive.com
- Czech carmaker Skoda would have to cut 3,000 jobs and axe some models if the European Union's "Euro 7" emissions scheme is implemented in its current form, a Skoda board member warned in a TV debate on Sunday.
- The proposed Euro 7 law, which EU countries and lawmakers will start negotiating this year, would tighten limits on the emission by cars of health-harming pollutants, including nitrogen oxides.
- Mercedes will invest billions of dollars to modernise its plants in China, Germany and Hungary over the coming years, as the carmaker prepares to switch to electric vehicles and cut emissions.
- Mercedes has said it will be ready to go electric by the end of the decade, where market conditions allow.
- According to sources, Rivian is in talks with Amazon to end the exclusivity portion of their 2019 purchase agreement.
- The EV maker is reportedly unhappy that Amazon ordered 10,000 vans this year, at the low end of a previously mentioned range.
- The termination would let Rivian boost its sales by courting other customers.
Read More at engadget.com