- Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23419 is now available through the Dev Channel.
- The build includes a new USB4 hubs and devices Settings page and a new developer tool for collecting live kernel memory dumps.
- Microsoft recently announced major changes to the Dev Channel for Insiders.
Read More at windowscentral.com
- Microsoft Snipping Tool utility has been found to have a vulnerability that means that screenshots that have been cropped can be very easily uncropped, potentially exposing sensitive information.
- The Snipping Tool is one of the most useful tools to be found in Windows 11, making it easy to take a variety of screenshot. But the way in which the app crops images means 'cropped' parts are simply hidden and easily restored.
Read More at betanews.com
- Microsoft is promising significant changes to the way Windows manages which apps open certain files by default and how users can select programs to pin to their Start menu on the Windows desktop or on the taskbar.
- A new Settings deep link URI scheme will let developers send users directly to the right spot in Settings to change which program is the default for particular file or link types.
Read More at theverge.com
- Microsoft has released new PowerShell scripts to address a BitLocker security vulnerability on Windows PCs.
- The PowerShell scripts are designed to automate the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) update process on Windows 11 and Windows 10.
- BitLocker is a built-in security feature that helps users to protect data stored on their computers from unauthorized access.
- Once enabled, the feature requires a password or a smartcard to decrypt the entire disk or individual files or folders.
Read More at petri.com
- Microsoft has released Edge Stable 111.0.1661.44, which brings new features and improvements to the browser.
- Among the updates are enhancements to the Collections feature, including the ability to add a note to a collection and improvements to the PDF reader.
- The release aims to provide a more efficient and user-friendly browsing experience.
Read More at mspoweruser.com