- Google is enlisting employees for a pilot program to work without internet access.
- The search giant, which is undergoing a companywide rollout of AI tools, says its employees are a frequent target of attacks.
- The company originally selected 2,500 employees to participate but then opened it up to volunteers. It will also allow select employees to opt out.
- The U.S. has blacklisted two European spyware firms that built software to spy on Meta users, politicians, activists, and journalists around the world.
- Intellexa and Cytrox will now likely be unable to use U.S. technology, effectively kneecapping them.
- Successive administrations have used the Bureau of Industry and Security’s export control powers to curb the influence of Chinese and Russian actors.
- Darktrace was the target of a short-selling campaign in February, with New York-based asset management firm Quintessential Capital Management accusing it of engaging in potentially fraudulent practices to artificially inflate its sales.
- Darktrace said EY had concluded its review into the company’s contracts and internal financial processes, and found a “small number of errors and inconsistencies” with some of the contracts — but nothing that would be “material” to its financial statements.
- Shares of Darktrace jumped 26% during late afternoon trading in London.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping said China must build a "solid" security barrier around its internet under the supervision of the ruling Communist Party, in his latest call to safeguard online data and information.
- China must persist in managing, operating and ensuring access to the internet in accordance with the law, Xi said in instructions delivered to officials attending a two-day cybersecurity meeting in Beijing that ended on Saturday.
Read More at reuters.com
- 1Password keeps you and your loved ones safe online without giving up on convenience – the whole family can create, store, and autofill login credentials whenever and wherever they need to.
- With intuitive apps and seamless syncing, 1Password puts your data at your fingertips across all your devices.
- From credit cards and Wi-Fi passwords to files and financial accounts, you can easily protect, share, and manage your most important information hassle-free.
Read More at 1password.com